What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a platform operated by Amazon that contains all of the same products, at the same prices, and will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of a product to the charitable organization of your choice.
Why give to NPAP through AmazonSmile?
Police misconduct, including misconduct perpetrated by jail and prison personnel, continues to be one of the most serious violations of civil rights in the United States. With your donation, you help NPAP to work towards more law enforcement accountability.
Although NPAP generates income from membership dues, continuing legal education programs, publications and court awards or settlements donated by member attorneys, the future of the project depends greatly on individual donations.
NPAP works to:
- Educate and inform the public about issues relating to police misconduct.
- Provide information resources for non-profit and community groups who work with victims of police abuse.
- Support legislative reform efforts aimed at raising the level of police accountability.
- Create a forum for legal professionals and community organizations to come together and creatively work to end police misconduct.
How can I make NPAP the recipient of my AmazonSmile donations?
- Go to smile.amazon.com and log in using your existing Amazon account information.
- This will bring you to a page that allows you to select your charitable organization. In the search field provided on this page, type "National Police Accountability Project, Inc" and then click "Search."
- From the resulting list of options, select "National Police Accountability Project, Inc."
- You will be redirected to a page that asks you to confirm that "Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support National Police Accountability Project, Inc." Check the box next to “Yes” and then click “Start Shopping."
- You're now signed up for AmazonSmile! Be sure to visit smile.amazon.com every time you would normally visit Amazon to make sure your eligible purchases are having a portion of the price donated to NPAP. And thank you, so much, for your support of our work.