Welcome to NPAP
The National Police Accountability Project (NPAP) is a non-profit organization of plaintiff's lawyers, law students and legal workers dedicated to ending police abuse of authority through coordinated legal action, public education, and support for grassroots and victims' organizations combating police misconduct. We are a project of the National Lawyers Guild.
Join NPAP today! Our members work on cutting edge police misconduct litigation.
Our listserv is offered to all current members, and our CLE programs are offered to members at reduced rates. If you are a grassroots or victims' organization focused on police misconduct, please visit our resources and publications section to learn more.
Recent News & Opinion
- Plaintiff Awarded $150,000 for False Arrest
- Settlement Reached in Suit against CSU San Bernardino for Alleged Wrongful Death
- Madison County Sheriff's Department settles lawsuit for $625,000
- NYC Agrees to $2.75 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death of Man Being Held at Rikers Island
- Settlement Reached in in Pittsburgh Excessive Force Case
- NPAP joins Chicago police accountability activists and attorneys in support of Reparations Ordinance
- NPAP Partners With Communities for Crisis Intervention Teams to Advocate for Better 911 Responses for Individuals With Mental Health Concerns
- NPAP endorses CCR stop and frisk report to the UN Human Rights Committee
- NPAP Opposes Proposed Changes to Discovery Rules
- Prevent Torture: Support the Law Enforcement Torture Prevention Act (LETPA)