Welcome to NPAP
The National Police Accountability (NPAP) is dedicated to ending police abuse of authority through coordinated legal action, public education, and support for grassroots and victims' organizations combating police misconduct. NPAP, a project of the National Lawyers Guild, is a non-profit organization of plaintiff's lawyers, law students and legal workers.
Join NPAP today! Our members work on cutting edge police misconduct litigation. We can help you to have the latest information to win even your toughest cases. Our listserv, CLE programs are all offered to members at reduced rates.
If you are a grassroots or victims' organization combating police misconduct please visit our resources and links section.
Recent News & Opinion
- 9th Circuit Rules That Police Who Recklessly Engage A Mentally Disabled Person Can Be Liable for Defensive Use of Deadly Force
- NATO 3 Found Not Guilty of Terrorism Charge, Guilty of Mob Action and Possession of Incendiary Device
- Perry Township to Pay $2.25 Million and Revise Policy to Settle Taser Lawsuit
- Mayor DiBlasio Announces that the City Will Settle the Stop and Frisk Lawsuits
- Los Angeles Jury Awards $750,000 in Wrongful Death Case
- NPAP Partners With Communities for Crisis Intervention Teams to Advocate for Better 911 Responses for Individuals With Mental Health Concerns
- NPAP endorses CCR stop and frisk report to the UN Human Rights Committee
- NPAP Opposes Proposed Changes to Discovery Rules
- Prevent Torture: Support the Law Enforcement Torture Prevention Act (LETPA)