The National Police Accountability Project (NPAP) is a non-profit membership organization of plaintiff's lawyers, law students and legal workers dedicated to ending police abuse of authority through coordinated legal action, public education, and support for grassroots and victims' organizations combating police misconduct. We are a project of the National Lawyers Guild.
Join NPAP today! Our members work on cutting edge police misconduct litigation. Our listserv is offered to all current members, and our CLE programs are offered to members at reduced rates. If you are a grassroots or victims' organization focused on police misconduct, please visit our resources and publications section to learn more.
Recent News & Opinion
- $187K Settlement for CA Woman Beaten During Traffic Stop
- San Diego County Settles Jail Detainee's Overdose Death for $2.3M
- $2M Settlement for Georgia Teenager Shot in Back of Head by Police Officer
- $115K Settlement for Oregon Man Assaulted by Police Officer in Jail
- $10M Settlement for L.A. County Man Wrongfully Convicted of Murder
- Federal judges often let bad cops slide
- NPAP Joins Efforts to Include Prisoner Populations in EJ 2020 Action Agenda
- NPAP joins HRDC's 'Stop Prison Profiteering' Campaign
- NPAP endorses Ferguson Legal Defense Committee Call for Action
- NPAP joins Chicago police accountability activists and attorneys in support of Reparations Ordinance